Gionee M6 is a great gadget with unfathomable details and elements. The telephone is so secured from security dangers, as the bootloader is bolted. Gionee M6 (e.g M6_0103_V5506) is controlled by the MT6755 Mediatek Helio P10 SoC and keeps running on Android 6 Marshmallow. The telephone has a private space highlight that is exceptionally scrambled and can be bolted with the proprietors unique mark; making it practically inconceivable for someone else to open or view what is inside.
Since the official dispatch of this cell phone, clients of the telephone has been griping of how resolute the telephone is when attempting to root it. Yes, we realize that Android telephones running on Marshmallow is exceptionally hard to root; yet all because of Team Hovatek for giving the required records and the TWRP for rooting Gionee M6.
I won’t be considered in charge of any harms you more likely than not created while taking after the guide here. Ensure you realize what you are doing before taking after the rules here.
- Gionee M6 device
- philz recovery .img
- Original USB chord
- A charged PC
- Charge your M6 to at least 50%
HOW TO ROOT GIONEE M6
There are two main steps:
1. Unlocking the Bootloader of the Gionee M6
2. Flashing the Hovatek Philz recovery.img and SuperSU.zip
- Download Philz for Gionee M6 ported by Team Hovatek
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC (See guide here
- Extract and copy the Philz recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6 using the guide here http://hovatek.com/redirect.php
- Download SuperSU 2.78.zip
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s internal storage
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; don’t forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging)
- When the phone enters Fastboot, load the Philz recovery to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- The phone should automatically boot into Philz recovery mode
- In Philz recovery, you use the Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select
- Select Install Zip
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.78.zip on the SD Card and select it
- Wait till flashing is complete
- If you are prompted to fix root, select No
- Reboot the phone normally
- rooting gionee m6
Congrats, your Gionee M6 is now rooted and you can confirm this by installing and running root checker app.
Now, you are free to perform all the tweaks and tricks possible on a rooted phone but honestly this would really expose your phone to security threats unlike when the Bootloader was still intact.