Netflix is one of the best and most popular online movies site which enables you to watch all your favorite movies online.
One thing that chase people away is excess usage. It takes much data, you may spend one hour on a movie losing almost 3GB to 7GB.
Netflix provides numerous settings for the ones who don’t have unlimited data plan or free Wi-Fi.
Steps on How To Reduce Netflix Data Usage
- First things first, you’ll need to open your Netflix app and Sign In with your username and password.
- Once you’re signed in, you can now go ahead and tap on that three horizontal button at the bottom right side which says “More”.
- Select App settings and Click on Mobile data usage located under video Playback.
- Here you will see that automatic toggle at the top is turned on which means it alternates between WiFi only, save data and Maximum Data.
- Next is to turn off the toggle besides automatic and Choose between WiFi Only, if you’re mostly connected to a WiFi network or save data if you’re using an internet bundle which will automatically let Netflix use less data. Never choose maximum data and it allow the Netflix app to stream the video in the highest quality.
- After choosing either WiFi or Save data, Click on OK to save.
Change Download Quality To reduce Netflix Data Usage
To some people who always download the movie to watch later. It has two types of downloads: Standard download which is faster, consumes less data and also reduce the quality of the video. The High Format is slower, consumes more data and increases the video quality.
- Open the Netflix App and Click on more at the bottom right corner.
- Select App Settings and Choose Download Video Quality.
- You’ll be presented with two options; Standard or High
- Choose Standard. Doing this will make the videos your download on Netflix not only use less storage space on your phone but use less data while downloading.
You can also change the quality of the videos you stream in order to reduce your Netflix Data usage. To do this, you just have to Open the Netflix App >> More >> Account >> My Profile >> Playback Settings and then choose from the options which includes Auto, Low, medium and high. Obviously, you’d wanna stay with either auto or low which takes 0.3GB (about 300MB) for each hour you stream a video. Medium takes about 0.7GB per hour while high takes up to 3GB to 7GB per hour.