I will be teaching you how to root your Tecno Phantom 6 in few easy steps. Kindly follow me along. Thanks to Team Hovatek for making this possible.
4. Unlocking the boot-loader of Tecno Phantom 6 (A6)
Steps To Root Tecno Phantom 6
1. Copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your phone and SD card.
2. Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC by following the guide here
3. Extract and copy the twrp recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
4. Unlock Tecno Phantom 6 bootloader by following the steps here
5. Connect the phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; remember to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging)
6. The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
fastboot boot recovery.img
7. The device should automatically enter twrp recovery mode In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
8. In TWRP recovery, tap Install
9. Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
10. Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete Reboot the phone normally. That’s all.
To confirm if your device has been successfully rooted, kindly head over to playstore and install Root Checker.