Today, i will be guiding you on how to make use of Screen Pinning on Android phones.
What Is Screen Pinning?
‘Screen Pinning’ allows you to pin (lock) the screen to a certain app. This is one of the useful features in Android 5.0 and above. When enabled, you can lock down your device so the person using it only has access to one app. undoubtedly, a convenient feature for those who often offer a device to a child to watch a movie/games or a friend to check his or her e-mail.
How to Enable Screen Pinning on Your Android Device
1. Launch the Settings on your Android device.
2. Scroll down until you find the Security option. Tap on it.
3. At the bottom of the Security page tap on Screen pinning.
4. Slide the switch to the On position.
How to Pin an App
1. To pin an app, tap on the overview button (it’s the square button along the bottom of your screen).
2. Drag the title bar for the app you’re going to pin up, until it’s in the middle of the screen.
3. In the bottom-right corner of the app overview will be a blue pin button. Tap on it.
4. Each time you pin an app, you’ll be asked to confirm the action. You’ll also have to decide if you want to require a security code to leave the pinned app.
5. Tap on Start to pin the app.
Once you PIN an app to the Screen, the user won’t have access to navigate to other apps, except the Pinned app. And if he/she tries to unpin the app, he/she will be forced to enter your security lock code. Be it Pattern, Password, PIN or any type of Security option you are using for your phone.