It is very important for you to know which Bands your smartphone supports so you can know which network 4G LTE service that is compatible with your phone.
The major networks in Nigeria that currently have the 4G LTE service are Glo, MTN and Etisalat. (We are expecting Airtel to launch their own 4G LTE service soon). Other 4G LTE operators in Nigeria includes Swift, Ntel, Smile and Spectranet.
Most of the 4G LTE enabled smartphones in Nigeria uses band 3, 4, 7, 20, 28. or 40.
Checkout below 4G LTE Bands of the 4G operators we currently have in Nigeria.
- MTN 4G LTE supports band 20 (800MHz) and Band 7 (2600MHz)
- Glo 4G LTE supports band 28 (700MHz)
- Etisalat 4G LTE supports band 3 (1800MHz)
- NTEL 4G LTE supports band 8 (900MHz) and Band 3 (1800MHz)
- Spectranet and Swift supports band 40 (2300mhz)
- Smile supports band 20 (800mhz)
Now Follow Below Steps To Check Your 4G Network Bands
- Download MobileUncle Tools.apk Here
- Install and launch the app
- Tap on Engineer Mode
- Engineer Mode (MTK)
- Under Telephony, tap on BandMode
- Select Sim 2 or Sim 1. (Make sure you are able to scroll down after you select your SIM)
- Now, scroll down to LTE Mode.
- You will see a list of band modes
If you cannot tick the band 28 check box or if it’s not ticked, then, you can’t use Glo 4G LTE service.
If you cannot tick the band 3 check box or if it’s not ticked, then, you can’t use Etisalat 4G LTE service.
If you are not able tick band 20 or 7 check box or if it’s not ticked, then, your phone is not supported for MTN 4G LTE service.
If you use Ntel and you can’t tick band 8 or band 3 or if both bands are not ticked, then, your smartphone has no support for Ntel network.