The Minister of Health, Professor Isaac Adewole has responded to the viral photo of one “TRS Gari” being sold at a Supermarket in Ikoyi.
Our actions and findings are outlined below: (Updates via @NafdacNigeria)
- NAFDAC Officers visited the Supermarket in Ikoyi today
- 26 packets of 500mg each of the products were seized for analysis
- The product has no NAFDAC number
- The product is said to be from Ghana but packaged in UK
- The Management of the Supermarket have been invited for further discussion in our Lagos office